Solid Composite Plantation Shutters (A new dawn in window treatments technology and fashion). This product is engineered with a closed-cellular composite material that outperforms other shutter materials in strength, stiffness, quality and durability. Made from a durable thermoplastic wood-polymer, our shutters are lightweight, water resistant, fire retardant, and insulates more than wood. The durable, cross-linked, exterior-grade composite captures the rich, warm appearance of wood, with the practical advantages of polyvinyl, in a light, strong material that outperforms other top-of-the-line products. These custom composite shutters stand up to moisture, heat, and UV rays without warping, fading, yellowing, cracking, blistering, or bowing.
Solid Composite Shutter Fast Facts:
• Quality engineered using a solid-core thermoplastic resin material
• Non-toxic (Formaldehyde Free) and water-resistant
• Insulates more than wood
• Painted finish prevents yellowing that plagues other synthetics on the market
• Man made recycled material – no trees are needed to manufacture this product
• Looks and feels like wood!
• Guaranteed not to crack, warp, peel or yellow
• Easy to care for: anti-static quality repels dust
• Extra long, specialized staples: guaranteed not to fall out
• Light stops on hinged stiles
• Rabbeted stiles where two panels come together from the opposite direction. Improves light control.
Three shutter louver sizes are available: